Our pre-budget document stresses the fact that people, families, and service organizations will require expanded supports over the next fifteen months, as we face new challenges including more contagious variants of COVID-19. Community Living Ontario is recommending the following:
- Continue the $3 per hour wage enhancement for workers in developmental services.
- Develop and implement a robust mental health strategy for people who have developmental disabilities, their families, and support workers.
- Commit 10% of National Housing Strategy investments to housing options that increase choice, independence, and quality of life for people who have developmental disabilities.
- Enhance the Ontario Disability Support Program to enable dignity, health, and wellness.
- Engage with the full range of developmental service stakeholders to effectively allocate $361 million in new funding, and to reform the DS system.