Our Inspiring Possibilities AGM & Conference 2023 will be held at the Ottawa Conference & Event Centre from September 27–29. Each year, Community Living Ontario will continue to build on the Inspiring Possibilities theme and showcase new ideas and best practices.
Achieving Community Living Ontario’s vision relies on us working together with our local associations, families, people who have an intellectual disability, partners, and other organizations with similar values.
Let's exchange ideas on how to move our collective vision forward and create a more inclusive Ontario together.
If you have any questions regarding your proposal submission and/or you require assistance with this process, please contact Lisa Tabachnick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for Proposals
We are currently accepting proposals from speakers, thought leaders and collaborators for workshops, presentations and panel discussions on how to actively and effectively engage with our communities to address unmet needs, to challenge the status quo, and to build on integrated approaches that better our communities.
We want to encourage sessions that showcase best practices for how to actively and effectively create communities where we all belong, build on approaches that make our communities more welcoming, and grow partnerships that can help us make these changes happen everywhere. This year, we are looking for session proposals that:
- Relate to relevant and timely topics, such as medical assistance in dying (MAiD), long-term care, Journey to Belonging, inclusive education, and navigating post-secondary options
- Are educational in nature, with clear learning objectives
- Attract and serve a diverse audience, including family members, executive directors, people supported, developmental services staff, and government representatives
- Creatively engage attendees
- Demonstrate best practices for "inspiring possibilities", especially for those who identify as having an intellectual/developmental disability
We strongly encourage self-advocates, family members, support organizations, and other social justice groups to submit proposals. We also encourage submissions from Indigenous, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ speakers of all abilities. Everyone has something to contribute!
The deadline to submit your proposal is Friday, May 12, 2023, by noon EDT.
Please review the proposal guidelines here before submitting your proposal. If you would like to see the submission form questions in advance of starting your online submission, here is a document with all of the required information listed.
Please note that only submissions entered through our online submission form here will be reviewed by the CLO Inspiring Possibilities AGM & Conference 2023 Committee.