416-447-4348 | email@example.com
Community Living Ontario is teaming up with PooranLaw to host another webinar on the Legal Guide to Engaging Support Workers For People With Disabilities.
This session will include an introduction to the Legal Guide and will highlight key takeaways from each chapter and the resources that are included in the guide. The audience will learn about important legal issues related to paying support workers, including:
– funding sources;
– understanding the differences between employees and “independent contractors”;
– best practices for hiring workers;
– key rules for managing support workers;
– health and safety and human rights issues;
– insurance and taxation considerations; and
– special rules related to live-in support workers.