Community Living Ontario Annual Policy Forum
As you are aware, the situation around COVID-19 is changing and developing rapidly. Given the current context, the Policy Forum originally scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2020, will be postponed until further notice. We are currently seeking an alternative date and will reach out to you once it is confirmed.
Please note that we will honour any paid tickets at the rescheduled event for you or a colleague. Alternatively, we will refund tickets if you cannot attend the new date.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Community Living Ontario’s Director of Marketing and Communications, Marcy Galipeau: email@example.com.
Wishing you good health and safety during this difficult time.
Community Living Ontario will be hosting its Annual Policy Forum in collaboration with the Ryerson School of Disability Studies on April 14, 2020.
This year we will focus on ensuring access to healthcare for people who have an intellectual disability. The event will look at the implications of the shortcomings in our current healthcare system and the effect these have on the wellbeing of people with disabilities. We will also explore policy and programming options to begin addressing these shortcomings. Areas that will be addressed will include:
- the enhanced risk of institutionalization when the health system fails
- improving access to home-care services that allow people to live in their home for as long as possible
- ensuring that people remain in control of their own health care decisions
- the impact of environmental determinants of health, especially poverty and homelessness
- addressing transitions in healthcare for youth and seniors
- ensure safeguards in the age of Medical Assistance in Dying legislation
- and other issues
We hope you will join us for this important forum. Register here.