Employment Social Enterprise 101 – Disability Focus
You’re invited to attend Employment Social Enterprise 101 – Disability Focus, a deep dive exploration of employment social enterprises, innovative businesses that create training and employment opportunities for people facing barriers to the labour market, and their application for creating employment pathways for people with disabilities.
The workshop is best suited for the Directors or Managers of organizations that provide employment programs for people with disabilities, as well as for entrepreneurs with an interest in creating employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
The workshop will:
- Feature an overview of employment social enterprises, including business models, defining characteristics, key success factors, and outcomes
- Provide an overview of the employment social enterprise ‘development pathway’ – and supports available to you through the Toronto Enterprise Fund (including grants, coaching and more) to develop an employment social enterprise
- Feature case studies of employment social enterprises that employ people with disabilities and are operating in compliance with Bill 148
- Feature a presentation from an existing employment social enterprise that employs people with disabilities
- Feature activities that support your organization in exploring the relevance of employment social enterprise to your work, including readiness to explore employment social enterprise development, or ways to connect with local employment social enterprises
The event is free to attend. Refreshments and a light snack will be provided. If you have any accessibility needs, or any questions about this event, please contact Bronwyn Oatley, Manager, Toronto Enterprise Fund at email@example.com.
To register for the event, visit the Eventbrite page.
To learn more about employment social enterprises, visit the Toronto Enterprise Fund website.