Ready, Willing & Able
Ready, Willing & Able (RWA) is a national initiative of the Canadian Association for Community Living (CACL), in partnership with the Canadian Autism Spectrum Disorders Alliance (CASDA) and Community Living Ontario. Funded by the Government of Canada and active in 20 communities across the country, RWA is designed to increase the labour force participation of people with an intellectual disability and those on the autism spectrum (ASD).
It is designed to build on and increase employer capacity and demand to hire job seekers who have an intellectual disability or those on the autism spectrum. This is done by creating effective and responsive connections between employers and community agencies that support individuals who have an intellectual disability and ASD.
The vision of Ready, Willing & Able is the development of an inclusive and effective labour market, with an employment rate for people who have an intellectual disability or ASD on par with the national average.
What can Ready, Willing, & Able do for your business?
- Help you find the right employees for the right jobs, from specialized applications to entry-level positions
- Connect businesses with local agencies to pre-screen and select potential employees
- Work with employers to provide on-site job training, coaching, and supports
- Provide awareness resources and tools for current employees
- Build community rapport: your inclusion will build favourable customer response
Employers cannot afford to overlook this untapped workforce. With the partnership of business leaders, Ready, Willing & Able can create a more inclusive and effective labour market in Ontario. Make a commitment to hire a person with an intellectual disability or ASD. Not only is it the right choice to make, it’s the right choice to make for your business.