Our goal is to create a world where people who have an intellectual disability can fully participate in their community because they are included in decisions and considered citizens.
Imagine a world where people who have an intellectual disability can live with dignity, be included and participate in all aspects of their communities.
We envision a world where everyone belongs, has equality, and is respected. All people of this world will have a sense of worth and opportunities to grow. The gifts, uniqueness and innate value of each person is celebrated, supported and acknowledged as essential to the completeness of the whole community.
Community Living Ontario will:
- Develop positions and promote positive change in public policy;
- Provide expertise, resources, information and education;
- Create and respond to opportunities for networking;
- Actively support and partner with those who share our vision;
- Build public awareness; and
- Develop, nurture and support community leadership, capacity and innovation.