Constitution & By-laws
Community Living Ontario was formed originally as the Ontario Association for Retarded Children on April 27, 1953 and incorporated by Letters Patent on April 23, 1954 under the Companies Act (now Corporations Act) of the Province of Ontario. The federation changed its name in 1965 to the Ontario Association for the Mentally Retarded and in May 1987 to the Ontario Association for Community Living – Association pour l’Intégration communautaire de l’Ontario and subsequently in June 2002 to Community Living Ontario (in English). In May 2003, the Board of Directors passed a motion to change the French name to Intégration communautaire Ontario.
Community Living Ontario’s constitution and by-laws are available by clicking here.